Ewelands Retreat is a deliciously stylish cottage all contained on one floor overlooking the North Yorkshire Moors National Park. Designer fabrics, Farrow & Ball paints and gorgeous furnishings combine to create a luxurious bolthole with the most amazing views across the North Yorkshire Moors National Park and to Whitby beyond. A perfect combination for rest and romance!
Click on the video tour to allow you to explore every room in the cottage in HD. It can also show you how the cottage is laid out and will display a photographic floor plan for you.
A luxurious escape
With Whitby and Sandsend just a few miles away, this romantic luxury cottage in a pretty village is a perfect escape for those seeking to explore whilst also offering somewhere peaceful and relaxing to return to at the end of the day.
All set out on one floor with the most amazing views overlooking the North Yorkshire Moors National Park and the Esk Valley gorgeous furnishings, designer fabrics, Farrow & Ball paints combine to create this romantic bolthole perfect for 2.
Ewelands Retreat is a Pet Friendly Holiday Cottage
A restful Farrow & Ball palette of String works perfectly as a backdrop to the stunning views of the North Yorkshire Moors and Esk Valley from every window and yet the Retreat is only 3 miles from the long sandy beaches of the North Yorkshire Coastline, a perfect combination in anyone’s book! Lovingly upgraded with subtle interior flair, with under-floor heating throughout the retreat to keep you toasty warm.
The wood burner is perfect for those cooler nights when you can snuggle into the luxurious soft furnishings, or just relax with a good book and a glass of wine. Or maybe you would like to use the Apple iPad and bluetooth speakers for streaming your favourite music choice with Apple music, or watch some classic movies on the SMART TV with Netflix – the choice is yours! Double french doors open right back so you can drink in the views.
The kitchen is fully equipped with modern appliances including a Neff gas hob and beautiful cookware, all you need to create a romantic supper or a delicious lunch to enjoy in the garden. Gorgeous details like granite work surfaces, an island painted in F&B Dix blue, delicate crystal glasses, Emma Bridgewater pottery, Wedgwood crockery …everything to make your holiday feel special. There’s a chunky oak dining table next to a picture perfect window with only the moorland as your neighbour… perfect for romantic meals in.
A laundry room housing the washing machine and other housekeeping things is provided for muddy clothes after long walks or cycles or sandy beach towels.
A gorgeous cream wrought iron king size bed is bedecked with a super comfortable mattress together with its luxurious duvet, pillows and quality Egyptian cotton bedding topped with throws and soft cushions make this a bed to dream in! Bedside tables in F&B Dix blue with lamps make it perfect for lingering in bed in the morning with breakfast or a coffee.
With Cole & Son wallpaper, a sumptuous large bath or a separate drench-head shower, fluffy towels and dressing gowns await you …the bathroom has toasty warm underfloor heating, a heated towel rail. Enjoy a long relaxing soak with Elemis toiletries… biss after days out exploring the fabulous coastline.
French doors lead out to the patio and the garden which has exquisite views of the countryside from every angle. Watch the deer in the field, or a partridge hop into your garden. There is an abundance of wildlife.
Enjoy al-fresco meals, plan your day with coffee, or enjoy a glass of fizz while watching the North Yorkshire Moors Steam train puff along in the valley below on its way into Whitby. Nearby farm shops and delis have an array of local produce if you feel like firing up the Weber BBQ. The retreat is located behind Ewelands House and is accessed via a gently graded path with intermittent steps.
The house is fully WiFi connected so you can keep in touch with the outside world if you need to and make full use of the SMART TV’s.
One dog is very welcome to stay. We charge £30 per dog per week or short break.
Suitable for babes in arms only
A travel cot (bring your own bedding) and highchair are available.
Private parking is available for 1 car.
Rating: 5 * gold award by Visit England
Views: Truly amazing
Highlights: SMART TV, Netflix, Apple IPad, wireless speakers, music streaming with Apple Music, Apple IPad, log burner, local village pub and restaurant, quality fabrics and furnishings, honesty bar
Sounds: Birdsong, pheasant, partridge, sheep, cows, clip clopping of passing horses, distant church bells
Nearest shops: 10 minutes walk away
Nearest Pub/Restaurant: Walking distance, be sure of a friendly welcome and log burning fire
Warm freshly baked bread on your arrival, something alcoholic, locally made cake, locally produced jam, butter, milk, Yorkshire teabags, cafetiere coffee and sugar
Useful to know: Wellies and brollies, binoculars, torches, iron/ironing board, washing up liquid, cloths and scourer, kitchen cleaner, dishwasher and laundry tablets, kitchen towel and tea towels, toilet rolls, liquid hand wash, cling film and foil, condiments are all provided for your use.
Payment and Booking: Online booking available
- 5 Star gold rating
- Friendly Owners to greet you and then leave you in peace
- sleeps 2
- Enclosed gardens, patio area and private parking for 1 car
- Toasty warm underfloor heating with log burner
- Wi-Fi – BT fibre fast broadband
- SMART TV, ceiling and wireless speakers, DVD player
- Apple iPad and use of digital music streaming with Apple music
- Full Kitchen with island and granite work surfaces
- Separate laundry/drying room -perfect for drying coats and boots after a day exploring the Moors
- Honesty Bar
- Beautiful walks on the doorstep
- Amazing views from all windows
- Changeover days Friday or Monday, short breaks available all year
- Welcoming friendly pub and restaurant on the doorstep
- Speciality shops within walking distance
- Close to sandy beaches and coastal paths for walking and cycling
- Set within the North Yorkshire Moors National Park
- BEDROOM: Cream wrought iron king size bed with pocket sprung mattress and thick topper and luxury 600-thread count linens, gorgeous throws and cushions
- Luxury bathroom with large bath, separate shower enclose, heated towel rail and underfloor heating, fluffy towels and dressing gowns.
- Elemis toiletries
- GOODIES: Welcome goodies including warm freshly baked bread, bottle of wine, locally produced Jam, butter, milk, Yorkshire Tea, coffee, sugar and locally made cake on arrival
- TECH: BT fibre fast broadband
- SMART TV, with Apple iPad, music streaming, ceiling and bluetooth speakers, DVD’s, Netflix, movie library, remote control for lamps
- Full Kitchen with bespoke island and granite worktops, dishwasher, integrated fridge with freezer compartment, electric oven, NEFF gas hob, microwave
- Honesty Bar
- Panasonic breadmaker
- Separate laundry/drying room-perfect for drying coats and boots after a day exploring the Moors
- Private gardens, patio area and private parking for 1 car
- Emma Bridgewater and Wedgwood crockery, Royal Doulton crystal glassware and designer cutlery
- Dualit kettle and toaster
- Le Creuset oven ware
- Library of books, DVD’s, board games
- Selection of wellies, umbrellas, binoculars and torches
- Bespoke guest information guide
- Yorkshire Life Magazine
Renovated to an exceptionally high standard, this charming cottage retains the original beams and stone fireplace. With all bedrooms having their own ensuites, private garden with furniture to sit and enjoy the spectacular views and French doors from both the lounge and dining areas which open onto the Esk Valley.
The spacious open plan living, cooking and eating area makes a wonderful relaxing social room, two bedrooms and a shower room with toilet are on the first floor with a luxurious en-suite master bedroom on the top floor, with a freestanding bath in the bedroom.
Cowslip Retreat is a bolthole for two people, perfect for either a long weekend away from it all or for a delightful honeymoon hide-away. The spacious, open-plan living/dining room with wood-burning stove has a kitchen area and bedroom area with king-size bed. The bathroom has a large bath with separate shower, basin and toilet.
Ewelands Retreat is a bolthole for two people, perfect for either a long weekend away from it all or for a delightful honeymoon hide-away. The spacious, open-plan living/dining room with wood-burning stove has a kitchen area and bedroom area with king-size bed. The bathroom has a large bath with separate shower, basin and toilet.